As a Corp Member, one of the most important things you need to get kick-start your services year is a conducive accommodation. Most PPA will not be able to provide this or maybe the corpers lodge is not comfortable enough for you or maybe you just need your privacy, Here are tips that will help you.
10 Tips For Renting An Apartment As A Corper
- Get a place close to your place of primary assignment. This is very important as you won’t want to spend more than #500 every day. That will not be beneficial to you as a huge bunk of your monthly allowance will be consumed by transportation.
- Beware of houses managed by the children of the original owner. You might end up paying rent to each of the children. It is possible. Just make sure the person in charge of the accommodation is the real owner.
- Try having a conversation with your neighbors to know the kind of people they are as you would not want your neighbors to be your biggest problem during your service year.
- If you don’t have a car, please don’t go to estates/communities with a no okadas allowed policy.
- Check your phones to see which network provider will have the strongest signal. If none eventually have, please look for somewhere else as this is a digital age and you need a strong network.
- Stay away from accommodations close to garages, be it motor, keke or motorcycle garages. Due to the Chairperson system they do have, someone or a group of persons can decide to want a change in chairperson which could eventually lead to fights that would warrant them to bring out dangerous weapons. You don’t want to get caught up in this.
- Ensure that a market is close or at least not too far. Eating doesn’t end in camp o. You need good food everyday.
- Make sure the apartment is not too expensive or you can get one with a friend provided that wont cause problems in the future.
- Water! Water! Water!. Very important. You won’t want to be trekking miles to go in search of water. Make sure there is water in the compound or within the area.
- Electricity is also something you should consider. Make sure to inquire about electricity supply in the area.
This are the basic tips you need to know before renting an accommodation. There are some more tips too. Please add yours below.