For those waiting for their call-up letter, I know you will be wondering about what you are supposed to take to camp.
There are some requirements and items you must not forget. So, go through the list below to make sure you already have them in mind.
I will start with the most important of them all.
Documents for NYSC Camp Registration
- Authentic Student ID card (original and photocopies)
- Certificate/Statement of Result from your school. If you are a medical doctor or a pharmacist, you will need to go along with an original copy of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of internship.
- NYSC Call-up letter.
- Recent passport photographs (I will suggest you take at least 8 copies).
Please take at least 8 photocopies of all your documents. Don’t forget to put all of them in one clear bag.
The documents above will get you through your registration up to the point of of collecting NYSC kit. See also: Steps to Complete NYSC Registration in Camp.
Other Recommended Items
You can also get the items listed below in camp but for the sake of getting at a cheaper rate, I recommend that you get it from home.
- Bathing soap and sponge
- Detergent and washing soap
- Toothbrush and tooth paste
- Toilet roll
- Body lotion and hair cream
- Sanitary pads and shower caps for ladies
- Buckets and soap dish
- White T-shirts
- White shorts
- White tennis shoes
- White socks
- Bed sheets
- Perfumes/body spray
- Flip flop
- Makeup and other accessories
- You can take 2 or 3 casual wears for Sunday service and carnival
- 1 pair of shoe with socks can go for the casuals
- Football boot for boys (if you are interested in the football competition in camp)
You may wondering why you should buy white shorts, T-shirts, socks and white shoes when you will be receiving that in camp. Well, the reason is simple. You are been provided with 2 pairs but you may not have time to wash always so it is okay to add a backup.
Other Items with High Importance
- Mosquito nets/repellant
- Torch light
- Food flask, cup and spoon
- Rubber wrist watch
- Hangers for your clothes
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
NOTE: The waist pouch is for your valuables (phone, wallet/purse etc). You always need to carry it everywhere you. It is your closest friend in camp.
- Face towel/handkerchiefs
- Band aids
- Anti-purging pills
- Anti-malaria pills
- Inhaler (for those with asthma)
- Writing pads/stationary
- Glue sticks or stapler
- Smartphone or camera and batteries
The last item is for documenting you experience. Remember that it’s a ones in a lifetime exercise.
- Power bank
You will need this. It is very important as there a no electrical sockets in the hostels.
Be very vigilant and protect your things. You are in camp with over a thousand people you haven’t seen before. You can;t differentiate the good from the bad.
The last item I will list my favorite. lol.
Never run out of it. Your life in camp will be very boring and awful without it. And please, don’t hold any amount above #5000 in the hostel. There are POS points at maami market were you can withdraw.
Try your best to pack all your items in one bag. At most a box and a backpack. Make sure they are theft-proof also.
If you have any question with regards to these article, feel free to use the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends.